This was The Beatles' seventh performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David's Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 1, 8, 15 and 22 February; 8 March; 20 August; 3 and 17 September; 15 and 29 October; 12 and 26 November; 10 December 1961; and 13 January 1962.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Yellow Submarine to be reissued on DVD and Blu-ray
- 1969: John Lennon marries Yoko Ono
- 1967: Recording, mixing: She’s Leaving Home
- 1966: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher return to England from Switzerland
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: The Beatles’ second appearance on Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1964: UK single release: Can’t Buy Me Love
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Romford
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.