Both songs were taken from the forthcoming A Hard Day’s Night album and film, and the single’s catalogue number was Parlophone R 5114.
Also on this day...
- 2018: A hard day’s knight! Ringo Starr receives his knighthood at Buckingham Palace
- 2018: Museum of Liverpool to host Lennon and Ono exhibition Double Fantasy
- 2012: Yellow Submarine to be reissued on DVD and Blu-ray
- 1969: John Lennon marries Yoko Ono
- 1967: Recording, mixing: She’s Leaving Home
- 1966: Paul McCartney and Jane Asher return to England from Switzerland
- 1965: Filming: Help!, Austria
- 1964: The Beatles’ second appearance on Ready, Steady, Go!
- 1964: Filming: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: ABC Cinema, Romford
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.