This was The Beatles' sixth performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David's Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
Earlier in this evening The Beatles had given their 16th performance at Aintree Institute in Liverpool, after which they were driven by Neil Aspinall to Hambleton Hall. They also gave a lunchtime performance at the Cavern Club on this day.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 1, 8, 15 and 22 February; 20 March; 20 August; 3 and 17 September; 15 and 29 October; 12 and 26 November; 10 December 1961; and 13 January 1962.
Also on this day...
- 2016: Beatles producer George Martin dies
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Coliseo Yucatán, Mérida, Mexico
- 1970: Recording: It Don’t Come Easy by Ringo Starr
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1963: Live: Royal Hall, Harrogate
- 1962: Live: Storyville Jazz Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.