This was The Beatles’ ninth performance at Hambleton Hall in Huyton, Liverpool.
It was booked by Wally Hill and Vic Anton, the promoters at the hall at the east of Liverpool. Hambleton Hall was a shabby municipal building which later became a probation office, situated on St David’s Road in Page Moss, Huyton.
The Beatles played at Hambleton Hall on 16 occasions. The other dates were 25 January; 1, 8, 15 and 22 February; 8 and 20 March; 20 August; 17 September; 15 and 29 October; 12 and 26 November; 10 December 1961; and 13 January 1962.
Last updated: 15 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Starlight Theater, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2010: Yoko Ono visits John Lennon’s school and childhood home
- 1968: Ringo Starr rejoins The Beatles
- 1968: Recording: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
- 1964: Live: State Fair Coliseum, Indianapolis
- 1963: Radio: three episodes of Pop Go The Beatles
- 1962: Live: Queen’s Hall, Widnes
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.