Trident Studios, London
Producer: George Harrison
The session most likely took place at Trident Studios, although no documentation to confirm this is known. The song’s co-writer George Harrison was producing and played acoustic and electric guitar. Other musicians were Klaus Voormann on bass guitar, Starr on drums, Stephen Stills on piano, and Mal Evans on tambourine. Harrison also recorded a guide vocal, which has since been bootlegged.
Starr was evidently in no hurry to issue ‘It Don’t Come Easy’. More overdubs were added on 11 March, and it remained unfinished until October 1970.
Also on this day...
- 2016: Beatles producer George Martin dies
- 2015: Ringo Starr live: Coliseo Yucatán, Mérida, Mexico
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1963: Live: Royal Hall, Harrogate
- 1962: Live: Storyville Jazz Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Hambleton Hall, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1958: The Quarrymen play at Paul McCartney’s cousin’s wedding reception
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.