This was The Beatles’ 13th of 48 nights at Hamburg’s Star-Club, the city’s newest rock ‘n’ roll venue.
The Beatles played three separate residencies at the club in 1962. This was the first, and saw the group perform for a total of 172 hours over seven weeks. Their only night off was Good Friday, 20 April.
It was The Beatles’ third residency in a Hamburg club within two years, and followed a series of shows at the Indra, the Kaiserkeller and the Top Ten Club.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording: Oh! Darling, Octopus’s Garden
- 1969: Mixing: John And Yoko
- 1967: Recording: Magical Mystery Tour
- 1966: Recording: And Your Bird Can Sing
- 1964: Live: NME Poll-Winners’ All-Star Concert
- 1963: Live: Music Hall, Shrewsbury
- 1961: Live: Top Ten Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.