This was the sixth occasion on which The Beatles performed both lunchtime and evening shows in the same day at Liverpool's Cavern Club.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 32nd lunchtime show, and their 44th appearance overall at the underground venue on Mathew Street.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Hard Rock Cafe & Casino, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 2009: BBC chart reveals best-selling UK Beatles songs
- 2009: BBC Radio 2’s bank holiday Beatles bonanza
- 1969: Bob Dylan visits John Lennon at Tittenhurst Park
- 1967: The Beatles discuss their future after Brian Epstein
- 1965: Travel: San Francisco to London
- 1965: Paul McCartney and George Harrison attend a Byrds recording session
- 1963: Television: Big Night Out
- 1962: Live: Subscription Rooms, Stroud
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.