George Harrison was also present at Tittenhurst Park. This was the final time that Dylan met Lennon, and it was not a success.
He came over to our house with George after the Isle of Wight and when I had written ‘Cold Turkey’. I was trying to get him to record. We had just put him on piano for Cold Turkey to make a rough tape but his wife was pregnant or something and they left.
Last updated: 28 August 2018
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live: Hard Rock Cafe & Casino, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 2009: BBC chart reveals best-selling UK Beatles songs
- 2009: BBC Radio 2’s bank holiday Beatles bonanza
- 1986: UK album release: Press To Play by Paul McCartney
- 1967: The Beatles discuss their future after Brian Epstein
- 1965: Travel: San Francisco to London
- 1965: Paul McCartney and George Harrison attend a Byrds recording session
- 1963: Television: Big Night Out
- 1962: Live: Subscription Rooms, Stroud
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.