On this day The Beatles gave their 150th lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club. It was also the 45th and final occasion on which they performed both lunchtime and evening shows at the venue.
The group’s lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 267th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous cellar venue on Mathew Street in Liverpool’s city centre, including the evening events.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Hartwall Areena, Helsinki, Finland
- 1969: George Harrison live at Falkoner Theatre, Copenhagen with Delaney & Bonnie
- 1969: John Lennon is interviewed for South African radio
- 1969: Album release: Live Peace In Toronto 1969 by Plastic Ono Band
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for Dutch television
- 1968: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for BBC radio’s Night Ride
- 1965: Live: Capitol Cinema, Cardiff
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Nottingham
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.