The Beatles’ 13th evening show at Liverpool’s Cavern Club took place on this date.
This was The Beatles’ 45th appearance overall at the underground venue in Mathew Street which would soon be world-famous due to its association with the group.
It was also the sixth occasion on which The Beatles performed both lunchtime and evening shows in the same day at the Cavern.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Ringo Starr live at Hard Rock Cafe & Casino, Tulsa, Oklahoma
- 2009: BBC chart reveals best-selling UK Beatles songs
- 2009: BBC Radio 2’s bank holiday Beatles bonanza
- 1969: Bob Dylan visits John Lennon at Tittenhurst Park
- 1967: The Beatles discuss their future after Brian Epstein
- 1965: Travel: San Francisco to London
- 1965: Paul McCartney and George Harrison attend a Byrds recording session
- 1963: Television: Big Night Out
- 1962: Live: Subscription Rooms, Stroud
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.