This was the eighth date of The Beatles’ second residency at the Star-Club in Hamburg, Germany.
The Beatles performed for three and a half hours each night, for which they were each paid 600DM (£53.50) a week. On occasion they shared a bill with Little Richard, whom they had performed with in Liverpool the previous month.
Also on this day...
- 1993: UK album release: Paul Is Live by Paul McCartney
- 1982: US album release: Gone Troppo by George Harrison
- 1968: George Harrison produces Is This What You Want? by Jackie Lomax
- 1968: John and Cynthia Lennon are divorced
- 1966: Mixing: She Loves You
- 1965: Recording: Beatle Speech, Think For Yourself, The Beatles’ Third Christmas Record
- 1964: Live: Empire Theatre, Liverpool
- 1963: Live: Ritz Cinema, Belfast
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1960: Live: Kaiserkeller, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.