This was The Beatles’ 19th lunchtime performance at the Cavern Club on Mathew Street, Liverpool.
The group’s lunchtime shows usually took place from 12-2pm. Although the precise number of their Cavern performances is not known, The Beatles played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Bell Centre, Montreal, Canada
- 2008: Neil Aspinall left nearly £7m in his will
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.