This was The Beatles' fifth performance at St John's Hall on Snaefell Avenue in Tuebrook, Liverpool.
Mona Best, mother of Pete and owner of the Casbah Coffee Club, also ran some nights at St John's Hall. The venue shouldn't be confused with a hall in Bootle of the same name where The Beatles also performed.
Joining The Beatles on the bill were The Big Three, who also on this occasion were the backing band for singer Cilla White – later known as Cilla Black.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Bell Centre, Montreal, Canada
- 2008: Neil Aspinall left nearly £7m in his will
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.