This was The Beatles’ ninth performance at St John’s Hall on Snaefell Avenue in Tuebrook, Liverpool.
Mona Best, mother of Pete and owner of the Casbah Coffee Club, also ran some nights at St John’s Hall. The venue shouldn’t be confused with a hall in Bootle of the same name where The Beatles also performed.
The Beatles played at Liverpool’s St John’s Hall on 11 occasions. The other dates were 17 February; 10 March; 13, 20 and 27 July; 3, 10, 17 and 31 August; and 8 September 1961.
Last updated: 8 September 2012
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney’s ballet score Ocean’s Kingdom to be released
- 1968: Television: John Lennon and Yoko Ono on Frost On Saturday
- 1967: The Beatles meet Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- 1966: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1965: The Beatles take LSD in Los Angeles with The Byrds and Peter Fonda
- 1964: Day off in Bel Air, Los Angeles
- 1964: US single release: Matchbox
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Bournemouth
- 1962: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Birkenhead
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.