The Beatles' 29th lunchtime performance at Liverpool's Cavern Club took place on this day.
The group's lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 40th known appearance overall at the soon-to-be-famous underground venue on Mathew Street.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, editing: Maxwell’s Silver Hammer, The End
- 1967: The Beatles travel to Bangor
- 1966: Live: Coliseum, Seattle
- 1965: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1964: The Beatles meet Burt Lancaster and Jayne Mansfield
- 1963: Live: ABC Theatre, Blackpool
- 1962: Live: Marine Hall Ballroom, Fleetwood
- 1961: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.