The Beatles performed just once in Fleetwood, a town in the Wyre district of Lancashire, England.
They played at the Marine Hall Ballroom on the Esplanade. John Lennon spent several childhood holidays in Fleetwood with a cousin who lived in the town.
Also on this day...
- 1986: US album release: Press To Play by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording, editing: Maxwell’s Silver Hammer, The End
- 1967: The Beatles travel to Bangor
- 1966: Live: Coliseum, Seattle
- 1965: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1964: The Beatles meet Burt Lancaster and Jayne Mansfield
- 1963: Live: ABC Theatre, Blackpool
- 1961: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.