The Beatles’ 94th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
Overall this was their 221st appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including the lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 2022: Brian Epstein statue unveiled in Liverpool
- 2021: Let It Be remix and expanded editions announced
- 2020: John Lennon remix compilation Gimme Some Truth announced
- 1969: George Harrison meets Bob Dylan in Portsmouth
- 1968: Tape copying: Revolution 9
- 1968: US single release: Hey Jude
- 1967: The Beatles renounce the use of drugs
- 1966: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1964: Live: Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Denver
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1963: Paul McCartney receives one-year driving ban
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.