The Beatles had three rest days in Los Angeles during their final tour of 1966. This was the second, and came immediately after their concert at the Coliseum in Seattle.
They stayed at 7655 Curson Terrace in Beverly Hills, a private house which Brian Epstein had rented for them. They had previously stayed at the house two days earlier, and on this occasion stayed until their concert at LA's Dodger Stadium on 28 August.
Also on this day...
- 1969: George Harrison meets Bob Dylan in Portsmouth
- 1968: Tape copying: Revolution 9
- 1968: US single release: Hey Jude
- 1967: The Beatles renounce the use of drugs
- 1964: Live: Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Denver
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1963: Paul McCartney receives one-year driving ban
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.