John Lennon’s single ‘#9 Dream’ was released in the USA on 16 December 1974.
The b-side was ‘What You Got’. Both songs had previously appeared on the Walls And Bridges album, which was released on 26 September 1974 in the US.
#9 Dream was the second single to be issued from Walls And Bridges, following the surprise success of ‘Whatever Gets You Thru The Night’.
Fittingly, on 22 February 1975 ‘#9 Dream’ peaked at number nine on the Billboard Hot 100. In the UK it was released on 31 January 1975.
That’s what I call craftsmanship writing, meaning, you know, I just churned that out. I’m not putting it down, it’s just what it is, but I just sat down and wrote it, you know, with no real inspiration, based on a dream I’d had.
John Lennon, 1980
Last updated: 9 July 2021
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Köln Arena, Cologne
- 1969: John Lennon and Yoko Ono fly to Toronto, Canada
- 1966: UK single release: The Beatles’ Fourth Christmas Record – Pantomime: Everywhere It’s Christmas
- 1965: Television: The Music Of Lennon & McCartney
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.