Studio Two (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Engineer: Ken Scott
Because it would have been all but impossible to make a mono equivalent of the stereo mix of Revolution 9, it had been decided to simply copy the stereo version onto a mono tape. A first attempt had been made on 20 August, but was improved upon during this hour-long session.
Also on this day...
- 2021: Let It Be remix and expanded editions announced
- 2020: John Lennon remix compilation Gimme Some Truth announced
- 1969: George Harrison meets Bob Dylan in Portsmouth
- 1968: US single release: Hey Jude
- 1967: The Beatles renounce the use of drugs
- 1966: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1964: Live: Red Rocks Amphitheatre, Denver
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1963: Paul McCartney receives one-year driving ban
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.