Studio Two (control room), EMI Studios, Abbey Road
Engineer: Ken Scott
Copies of four completed songs recorded for the White Album were made during this half-hour session, which took place from 4.30-5pm in the control room of Abbey Road’s Studio Two.
The songs were ‘Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da’, ‘Blackbird’, ‘Not Guilty’ and ‘Revolution 9’. The copies were signed out and taken away by The Beatles’ assistant Mal Evans.
Last updated: 13 April 2012
Also on this day...
- 1967: Interview: John, George and Ringo in Bangor, Wales
- 1967: Brian Epstein dies
- 1966: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1965: The Beatles meet Elvis Presley
- 1964: Live: Cincinnati Gardens, Cincinnati
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1963: Television: The Mersey Sound
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.