This was the second of The Beatles' six consecutive dates in the English seaside town of Southport, Lancashire. They played two houses on each night.
They played the same set of 10 songs throughout the residency: Roll Over Beethoven, Thank You Girl, Chains, A Taste Of Honey, She Loves You, Baby It's You, From Me To You, Boys, I Saw Her Standing There and Twist And Shout.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Tape copying: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Blackbird, Not Guilty, Revolution 9
- 1967: Interview: John, George and Ringo in Bangor, Wales
- 1967: Brian Epstein dies
- 1966: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1965: The Beatles meet Elvis Presley
- 1964: Live: Cincinnati Gardens, Cincinnati
- 1963: Television: The Mersey Sound
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.