On their third rest day in Los Angeles during their final tour, The Beatles were visited by Brian and Carl Wilson of The Beach Boys, whose 11th album Pet Sounds proved a key influence on the recording of Revolver.
The Beatles were renting a house at 7655 Curson Terrace in Beverly Hills, in which Brian Epstein had arranged for them to stay. They remained at the house throughout their stay in Los Angeles, which ended with a concert at the city’s Dodger Stadium on 28 August 1966.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Tape copying: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Blackbird, Not Guilty, Revolution 9
- 1967: Interview: John, George and Ringo in Bangor, Wales
- 1967: Brian Epstein dies
- 1965: The Beatles meet Elvis Presley
- 1964: Live: Cincinnati Gardens, Cincinnati
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1963: Television: The Mersey Sound
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Indra Club, Hamburg
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.