This was The Beatles’ ninth of 48 consecutive nights performing at the Indra Club in Hamburg, Germany.
They were contracted to perform for four and a half hours each weekday night, from 8-9.30pm, 10-11pm, 11.30pm-12.30am and 1-2am.
They also had to play for six hours on Saturdays, from 7-8.30pm, 9-10pm, 10.30-11.30pm, 12-1am, and 1.30-3am. Sunday hours were 5-6pm, 6.30-7.30pm, 8-9pm, 9.30-10.30pm, 11-12 midnight and 12.30-1.30am.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording, editing: Maxwell’s Silver Hammer, The End
- 1967: The Beatles travel to Bangor
- 1966: Live: Coliseum, Seattle
- 1965: Day off in Los Angeles
- 1964: The Beatles meet Burt Lancaster and Jayne Mansfield
- 1963: Live: ABC Theatre, Blackpool
- 1962: Live: Marine Hall Ballroom, Fleetwood
- 1961: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.