The meeting took place at NEMS Enterprises' offices in Argyll Street, London. Also in attendance was The Beatles' manager Brian Epstein, who had recently bought the film rights for Richard Condon's A Talent For Loving. However, the group failed to reach an agreement on the script and the project was rejected.
A Talent for Loving was eventually made into a film in 1969. It was directed by Richard Quine and starred Richard Widmark and Cesar Romero.
Also on this day...
- 2012: Paul McCartney live at 121212: The Concert For Sandy Relief
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at the Apollo Theater, New York
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Southampton
- 1962: Live: Corn Exchange, Bedford
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.