This was The Beatles' third performance at St John's Hall on Snaefell Avenue in Tuebrook, Liverpool.
Mona Best, mother of Pete and owner of the Casbah Coffee Club, also ran some nights at St John's Hall. The venue shouldn't be confused with a hall in Bootle of the same name where The Beatles also performed.
The Beatles had returned to Liverpool from Hamburg on 2 and 3 July, and had a well-deserved break from 4-12 July. This was their first live engagement since leaving Germany.
Also on this day...
- 2019: Paul McCartney live at Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- 2014: Ringo Starr live at City National Civic, San Jose, California
- 2010: Paul McCartney live at Rio Tinto Stadium, Salt Lake City
- 1968: John Lennon introduces his aunt Mimi to Yoko Ono
- 1965: Lennon and McCartney receive five Ivor Novello awards
- 1964: US single release: A Hard Day’s Night
- 1963: Live: Winter Gardens, Margate
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.