This was The Beatles’ seventh performance at St John’s Hall on Snaefell Avenue in Tuebrook, Liverpool.
Mona Best, mother of Pete and owner of the Casbah Coffee Club, also ran some nights at St John’s Hall. The venue shouldn’t be confused with a hall in Bootle of the same name where The Beatles also performed.
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live at Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- 1968: Paul McCartney is interviewed for New Musical Express
- 1963: Live: Springfield Ballroom, Jersey
- 1962: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.