This was The Beatles’ seventh performance at St John’s Hall on Snaefell Avenue in Tuebrook, Liverpool.
Mona Best, mother of Pete and owner of the Casbah Coffee Club, also ran some nights at St John’s Hall. The venue shouldn’t be confused with a hall in Bootle of the same name where The Beatles also performed.
The Beatles played at Liverpool’s St John’s Hall on 11 occasions. The other dates were 17 February; 10 March; 13, 20 and 27 July; 3, 17, 24 and 31 August; and 8 September 1961.
Last updated: 8 September 2012
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles
- 1968: Paul McCartney is interviewed for New Musical Express
- 1963: Live: Springfield Ballroom, Jersey
- 1962: Live: Riverboat Shuffle, MV Royal Iris, River Mersey
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.