This was The Beatles’ sixth performance at St John’s Hall on Snaefell Avenue in Tuebrook, Liverpool.
Mona Best, mother of Pete and owner of the Casbah Coffee Club, also ran some nights at St John’s Hall. The venue shouldn’t be confused with a hall in Bootle of the same name where The Beatles also performed.
Also on this day...
- 1998: UK album release: Vertical Man by Ringo Starr
- 1967: George Harrison and Ravi Shankar hold a press conference
- 1967: Pattie Harrison reads about Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- 1963: The Beatles’ final Cavern Club show
- 1962: Live: Grafton Rooms, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.