Harrison and Shankar held a press conference at the Kinnara School of Music to promote Shankar’s Hollywood Bowl concert, which was taking place the following day. Harrison’s wife Pattie was not present; her sister Jenny Boyd had flown from San Francisco, and the pair went sightseeing in Los Angeles.
In the evening the Harrisons and Derek Taylor attended a Mamas And The Papas recording session.
Also on this day...
- 1998: UK album release: Vertical Man by Ringo Starr
- 1967: Pattie Harrison reads about Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- 1963: The Beatles’ final Cavern Club show
- 1962: Live: Grafton Rooms, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: St John’s Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.