On the fourth day of their US trip, George Harrison, his wife Pattie, Neil Aspinall and Alexis ‘Magic Alex’ Mardas went to see Ravi Shankar perform at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles.
Last updated: 3 January 2011
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Because, Something, Here Comes The Sun
- 1963: Live: Queen’s Theatre, Blackpool
- 1962: Live: Victoria Hall, Higher Bebington, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1946: Maureen Cox is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.