On the fifth day of his US trip, George Harrison attended a recording session by the Indian musician Alla Rakha in Los Angeles.
Afterwards Harrison, his wife Pattie, plus Neil Aspinall and Alexis ‘Magic Alex’ Mardas, went for a meal in the city’s Olvera Street, accompanied by Derek Taylor and his family.
Last updated: 8 August 2016
Also on this day...
- 2014: Paul McCartney live: Washington-Grizzly Stadium, Missoula, Montana
- 2010: Apple Records announces best-of compilation and bonus material
- 2009: Paul McCartney live: Fenway Park, Boston
- 1969: Recording: You Never Give Me Your Money, Because, The End
- 1966: UK album release: Revolver
- 1966: UK single release: Eleanor Rigby/Yellow Submarine
- 1963: Live: Abbotsfield Park, Urmston
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
Spelling correction: you probably mean Olvera Street. Traditional LA pronunciation of Spanish can be pretty funny.