A return for a second a final time to Blackpool’s Queen’s Theatre. The Beatles had previously performed at the venue on 21 July 1963.
Due to the number of fans gathered around the theatre, The Beatles had to enter through a skylight on the roof, reached through scaffolding on the builder’s yard next door.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Because, Something, Here Comes The Sun
- 1967: George Harrison watches Ravi Shankar at the Hollywood Bowl
- 1962: Live: Victoria Hall, Higher Bebington, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1946: Maureen Cox is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.