The Beatles returned for a second a final time to Blackpool’s Queen’s Theatre on 4 August 1963. They had previously performed at the venue on 21 July 1963.
Due to the number of fans gathered around the theatre, The Beatles had to enter through a skylight on the roof, reached through scaffolding on the builder’s yard next door.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live: Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Because, Something, Here Comes The Sun
- 1967: George Harrison watches Ravi Shankar at the Hollywood Bowl
- 1962: Live: Victoria Hall, Higher Bebington, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1946: Maureen Cox is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.