This was The Beatles’ 22nd lunchtime performance at Liverpool’s Cavern Club, the cellar venue on Mathew Street which would soon be world famous.
Their lunchtime shows typically lasted from 12-2pm. This was their 28th appearance overall.
Also on this day...
- 2011: Paul McCartney live at Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati
- 1969: Recording, mixing: Because, Something, Here Comes The Sun
- 1967: George Harrison watches Ravi Shankar at the Hollywood Bowl
- 1963: Live: Queen’s Theatre, Blackpool
- 1962: Live: Victoria Hall, Higher Bebington, Wirral
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1946: Maureen Cox is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.