The first of two concerts by The Beatles at Blackpool’s Queen’s Theatre. The second was on Sunday 4 August 1963.
Prior to the show, 4,000 fans blocked the streets of Blackpool. This was The Beatles’ third consecutive Sunday night performance in Blackpool, although the previous dates had taken place at the ABC Theatre.
The Queen’s Theatre was demolished in 1974 and a clothes store was built on the site.
Also on this day...
- 2009: Paul McCartney live at Citi Field, New York
- 1969: Recording: Come Together
- 1962: Live: Tower Ballroom, New Brighton, Wallasey
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.