This was the first of six consecutive nights of concerts given by The Beatles at the Odeon Cinema in Weston-super-Mare, a seaside town in Somerset, England.
#OTD 1963 – The band were in Weston-Super-Mare, beginning their English tour. Before performing, they spent the day having fun around town. pic.twitter.com/u80gSMDoUt
— The Beatles (@thebeatles) July 22, 2017
Also on this day...
- 1987: Mixing: Choba B CCCP by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording: Oh! Darling, Come Together
- 1968: Recording: A Beginning, Good Night
- 1967: John Lennon and Paul McCartney travel to Greece
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Holyoake Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
I remember JULY 1963 in Weston super mare! I was working on a holiday job in Fortes cafe before going to train in Bristol as a nurse, and the Beatles turned up for refreshment in the afternoon.
I did not know who they were but the other girls were frantic that they should choose my table to sit at! Taking the order, George Harrison asked when I finished work and would wait for me on the sea wall! Sure enough, he was there waiting but I left by the back door! What would my life have been if I had met up with him? Not stuck in France, maybe! I wonder if he remembered being ‘stood-up’!
I would be interested to know. A