Overdubs were added to two Abbey Road songs during this 2.30-9.30pm recording session.
The bulk of this session, however, was devoted to Come Together. John Lennon re-recorded his lead vocals onto track four, McCartney added electric piano onto track five, and electric guitar and maracas were taped onto six.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Recording: A Beginning, Good Night
- 1967: John Lennon and Paul McCartney travel to Greece
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Holyoake Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.