Overdubs were added to two Abbey Road songs during this 2.30-9.30pm recording session.
The bulk of this session, however, was devoted to Come Together. John Lennon re-recorded his lead vocals onto track four, electric piano was added to track five, and electric guitar and maracas were taped onto six.
Initially, Paul played the electric piano part, but John kind of looked over his shoulder and studied what he was playing. When it came time to record it, John played the electric piano instead of Paul. Paul might have been miffed, but I think he was more upset about not singing on the choruses - John did his own backing vocals.
Also on this day...
- 1968: Recording: A Beginning, Good Night
- 1967: John Lennon and Paul McCartney travel to Greece
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
- 1961: Live: Holyoake Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.