The Beatles performed twice at Holyoake Hall in Wavertree, Liverpool. Their first show there had taken place one week earlier, on 15 July 1961.
The Quarrymen also played at Holyoake Hall several times in 1958. The benue is situated opposite the tram sheds on Smithdown Road and is about 200 yards from Penny Lane. It is the closest The Beatles ever played to the famous landmark.
Also on this day...
- 1969: Recording: Oh! Darling, Come Together
- 1968: Recording: A Beginning, Good Night
- 1967: John Lennon and Paul McCartney travel to Greece
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (evening)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.