The Beatles’ 84th evening show at the Cavern Club took place on this date.
Overall this was their 201st appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue, including the lunchtime shows.
The precise number of The Beatles’ Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 25 May 2015
Also on this day...
- 1987: Mixing: Choba B CCCP by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording: Oh! Darling, Come Together
- 1968: Recording: A Beginning, Good Night
- 1967: John Lennon and Paul McCartney travel to Greece
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1961: Live: Holyoake Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.