This was The Beatles' eighth and final performance at the Kingsway Club, situated on the Promenade in Southport, Lancashire.
Built in 1931, the Kingsway was a popular venue for live acts from the 1960s through to the 1990s, but closed in 2004. It reopened briefly in 2006 but closed for good the following year. On 6 September 2010 the derelict building was destroyed by fire, and two days later the remains of the building were demolished.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Paul McCartney live at Abbey Road Studios, London
- 2013: Paul McCartney live at Plains of Abraham, Quebec City, Canada
- 1969: Recording: Oh! Darling, Come Together, The End
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey, Good Night
- 1967: The Beatles go sightseeing in Greece
- 1965: UK single release: Help!
- 1964: Live: The Night Of A Hundred Stars
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.