This was The Beatles’ third performance at Blair Hall in Walton, Liverpool. It was also the second of three consecutive Sunday shows played by the group for Peak Promotions.
Peak Promotions ran jive events at four northern England venues: Blair Hall, Holyoake Hall in Wavertree, the David Lewis Club in Great George Place, and the Columba Hall in Widnes. The Beatles performed at each of the venues apart from Columba Hall.
The Beatles played at Blair Hall on five occasions. The other dates were 5 February, and 16, 29 and 30 July 1961.
Blair Hall was situated on the second floor of the Co-operative on Walton Road. The basement housed a furniture store and pharmacy, the ground floor sold groceries and soft furnishings, and the first floor was first floor was for Co-op offices and banking services.
The entrance to Blair Hall was at the side of the building on Christopher Street. The building was later demolished and a supermarket was built on the site.
Also on this day...
- 2018: Paul McCartney live: Abbey Road Studios, London
- 2013: Paul McCartney live: Plains of Abraham, Quebec City, Canada
- 1969: Recording: Oh! Darling, Come Together, The End
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Everybody’s Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey, Good Night
- 1967: The Beatles go sightseeing in Greece
- 1965: UK single release: Help!
- 1964: Live: The Night Of A Hundred Stars
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Weston-super-Mare
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1960: Live: Grosvenor Ballroom, Wallasey
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.