This was The Beatles’ first performance at Blair Hall on Walton Road in Walton, Liverpool.
The show was booked by Peak Promotions, which ran jive events at four northern England venues: Blair Hall, Holyoake Hall in Wavertree, the David Lewis Club in Great George Place, and the Columba Hall in Widnes. The Beatles performed at each of the venues apart from Columba Hall.
Blair Hall was situated on the second floor of the Co-operative on Walton Road. The basement housed a furniture store and pharmacy, the ground floor sold groceries and soft furnishings, and the first floor was first floor was for Co-op offices and banking services.
The entrance to Blair Hall was at the side of the building on Christopher Street. The building was later demolished and a supermarket was built on the site.
Also on this day...
- 1996: Press release for Real Love
- 1970: Recording: Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Mixing: I’ve Got A Feeling, Don’t Let Me Down, Get Back, One After 909, Dig A Pony
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Filming: Penny Lane
- 1964: Press conference: London airport
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Doncaster
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.