This was The Beatles’ 81st lunchtime show at the Cavern Club. Overall it was the group’s 129th appearance at the underground Mathew Street venue.
The precise number of the group’s Cavern performances is not known, although they played at least 155 lunchtime and 125 evening shows between 9 February 1961 and 3 August 1963.
Last updated: 22 October 2018
Also on this day...
- 1996: Press release for Real Love
- 1970: Recording: Love Is A Many Splendoured Thing by Ringo Starr
- 1969: Mixing: I’ve Got A Feeling, Don’t Let Me Down, Get Back, One After 909, Dig A Pony
- 1968: Ringo Starr rehearses for Cilla Black’s television show
- 1967: Filming: Penny Lane
- 1964: Press conference: London airport
- 1963: Live: Gaumont Cinema, Doncaster
- 1962: Live: Kingsway Club, Southport
- 1961: Live: Blair Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.
Ringo came back from Hamburg at the end of February 1962 because of the bad floods,therefore he could not of played the Cavern on Feb 5 1962…I own a letter he wrote to his friend Doreen which states just that…..
So what about Ringo’s replacement for sick Pete Best at both shows that day? Guide book All You Need Is Live! (W. Surface) definitely confirms this fact, but it is not known what was the basis of such a finding.