This was The Beatles’ eighth performance at Lathom Hall in Seaforth, Liverpool.
It was booked by Brian Kelly, who ran Beekay Promotions in a number of Liverpool venues including Litherland Town Hall, Alexandra Hall and the Aintree Institute. The Beatles performed at numerous Beekay shows in their early days.
The Beatles played at Lathom Hall on 11 occasions, although the first, on 14 May 1960 was as The Silver Beats. The other dates were 7, 20, 21, 28 and 30 January; and 4, 10, 11 and 25 February 1961.
Lathom Hall was built in 1884 as a social club, and was situated in the Seaforth district of Liverpool. It later became a cinema, face cream factory, and stained glass window workshop, before becoming a dance hall in the 1950s. This was The Beatles’ third appearance at the venue in a week.
Also on this day...
- 2012: UK album release: Kisses On The Bottom by Paul McCartney
- 1970: John Lennon and Yoko Ono are interviewed for the BBC’s Scene And Heard
- 1970: UK single release: Instant Karma! by John Lennon
- 1968: Ringo Starr appears on Cilla Black’s television show
- 1968: Recording, mixing: The Inner Light, Lady Madonna
- 1964: Interview: John Lennon and George Harrison
- 1963: Live: Granada Cinema, Bedford
- 1958: George Harrison meets the Quarrymen
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.