This was The Beatles' third performance at Lathom Hall in Seaforth, Liverpool.
It was booked by Brian Kelly, who ran Beekay Promotions in a number of Liverpool venues including Litherland Town Hall, Alexandra Hall and the Aintree Institute. The Beatles performed at numerous Beekay shows in their early days.
Lathom Hall was built in 1884 as a social club, and was situated in the Seaforth district of Liverpool. It later became a cinema, face cream factory, and stained glass window workshop, before becoming a dance hall in the 1950s. Following this performance The Beatles drove to the Casanova Club on London Road, Liverpool for their second engagement of the night.
Also on this day...
- 2010: All You Need Is Love to be released as a Beatles Rock Band download
- 1970: Plastic Ono Band perform Instant Karma! on Top Of The Pops
- 1970: New York première of The Magic Christian
- 1970: Recording, mixing: I’m A Fool To Care by Ringo Starr
- 1968: Recording, mixing: Hey Bulldog
- 1966: UK single release: Woman by Peter And Gordon
- 1965: Ringo Starr marries Maureen Cox
- 1964: Live: Washington Coliseum, Washington, DC
- 1963: Recording: Please Please Me album
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Cassanova Club, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.