This was The Beatles’ fifth performance at Lathom Hall in Seaforth, Liverpool.
It was booked by Brian Kelly, who ran Beekay Promotions in a number of Liverpool venues including Litherland Town Hall, Alexandra Hall and the Aintree Institute. The Beatles performed at numerous Beekay shows in their early days.
Lathom Hall was built in 1884 as a social club, and was situated in the Seaforth district of Liverpool. It later became a cinema, face cream factory, and stained glass window workshop, before becoming a dance hall in the 1950s. Following this performance The Beatles drove to Aintree Institute for another Beekay Promotions night.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Ringo to get Hollywood Walk of Fame star in February
- 2010: First official Beatles iPhone app is released
- 1974: US single release: Jet by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1969: Allen Klein meets The Beatles
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 19
- 1964: Travel: Lennon and Harrison fly from Paris to London
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Newcastle
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.