To take advantage of The Beatles' second day off from their 18-night concert residency at the Olympia Theatre, Paris (their first rest day was 21 January), John Lennon and George Harrison flew back to London for an overnight break.
In the evening Harrison had dinner with Phil Spector and The Ronettes.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Ringo to get Hollywood Walk of Fame star in February
- 2010: First official Beatles iPhone app is released
- 1969: Allen Klein meets The Beatles
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 17
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Newcastle
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.