This was the seventh performance given by The Beatles at Aintree Institute, which was situated at Longmoor Lane in Aintree, Liverpool.
It was put on by Brian Kelly for his Beekay Promotions. Earlier in the evening The Beatles had played a show at Lathom Hall in Seaforth, Liverpool.
The Beatles played at Aintree Institute on 31 occasions, between this date and January 1962. The other dates were 7, 13, 14, 18, 21 and 27; 8, 10, 15, 18, 22 and 25 February; 1, 4, 8 and 11 March; 21 and 28 July; 4, 12, 18, 19 and 26 August; 2, 9, 16 and 23 September; 28 October; 11 November 1961; and 27 January 1962.
Aintree Institute was a popular jive club in the early 1960s. It was situated behind the Black Bull club, near to the famous racecourse where the annual Grand National horse race takes place, but was demolished in 2007.
Also on this day...
- 2010: Ringo to get Hollywood Walk of Fame star in February
- 2010: First official Beatles iPhone app is released
- 1974: US single release: Jet by Paul McCartney and Wings
- 1969: Allen Klein meets The Beatles
- 1969: Get Back/Let It Be sessions: day 17
- 1964: Travel: Lennon and Harrison fly from Paris to London
- 1963: Live: Majestic Ballroom, Newcastle
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.