This was the 13th performance given by The Beatles at Aintree Institute, which was situated at Longmoor Lane in Aintree, Liverpool.
It was put on by Brian Kelly for his Beekay Promotions. This was also George Harrison’s 18th birthday.
The Beatles played at Aintree Institute on 31 occasions, between this date and January 1962. The other dates were 7, 13, 14, 18, 21, 27 and 28 January; 8, 10, 15, 18 and 22 February; 1, 4, 8 and 11 March; 21 and 28 July; 4, 12, 18, 19 and 26 August; 2, 9, 16 and 23 September; 28 October; 11 November 1961; and 27 January 1962.
Aintree Institute was a popular jive club in the early 1960s. It was situated behind the Black Bull club, near to the famous racecourse where the annual Grand National horse race takes place, but was demolished in 2007.
Also on this day...
- 2020: George Harrison Woodland Walk in Liverpool announced
- 1972: UK single release: Give Ireland Back To The Irish by Wings
- 1970: Recording, mixing: You Always Hurt The One You Love by Ringo Starr
- 1970: Recording, mixing: Man We Was Lonely by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Recording: Old Brown Shoe, All Things Must Pass, Something
- 1968: George Harrison celebrates his 25th birthday in India
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: George Harrison’s 21st birthday
- 1964: Recording: Can’t Buy Me Love, You Can’t Do That, And I Love Her, I Should Have Known Better
- 1963: Live: Casino Ballroom, Leigh
- 1963: Editing, mixing: Please Please Me album
- 1962: Live: Casbah Coffee Club, Liverpool
- 1961: Live: Lathom Hall, Liverpool
- 1943: George Harrison is born
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.