This was the 14th performance given by The Beatles at Aintree Institute, which was situated at Longmoor Lane in Aintree, Liverpool. It was put on by Brian Kelly for his Beekay Promotions.
The Beatles played at Aintree Institute on 31 occasions, between this date and January 1962. The other dates were 7, 13, 14, 18, 21, 27 and 28 January; 8, 10, 15, 18, 22 and 25 February; 4, 8 and 11 March; 21 and 28 July; 4, 12, 18, 19 and 26 August; 2, 9, 16 and 23 September; 28 October; 11 November 1961; and 27 January 1962.
Aintree Institute was a popular jive club in the early 1960s. It was situated behind the Black Bull club, near to the famous racecourse where the annual Grand National horse race takes place, but was demolished in 2007.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Planetario Galileo Galilei, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1999: Recording: Fabulous, I Got Stung, Coquette by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Paul McCartney produces Mary Hopkin’s Goodbye
- 1969: Ringo Starr begins filming The Magic Christian
- 1968: Ringo Starr leaves India
- 1967: Recording: A Day In The Life, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1966: The Beatles At Shea Stadium is premièred on BBC 1
- 1965: Filming: Help!, the Bahamas
- 1964: Recording: I’m Happy Just To Dance With You, Long Tall Sally, I Call Your Name
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1962: Live: Storyville Jazz Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.