As on the previous day, The Beatles filmed scenes on Paradise Island’s Cabbage Beach. It was the seventh day of their Bahamian shooting schedule for Help!, their second feature film.
On this day they appeared at a French restaurant called Café Martinique. Ringo Starr was also filmed with Victor Spinetti (playing Professor Foot), Roy Kinnear (Algernon) and Eleanor Bron (Ahme) on a schooner moored near the shore.
Also on this day...
- 2015: Ringo Starr live at Planetario Galileo Galilei, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- 1999: Recording: Fabulous, I Got Stung, Coquette by Paul McCartney
- 1969: Paul McCartney produces Mary Hopkin’s Goodbye
- 1969: Ringo Starr begins filming The Magic Christian
- 1968: Ringo Starr leaves India
- 1967: Recording: A Day In The Life, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
- 1966: The Beatles At Shea Stadium is premièred on BBC 1
- 1964: Recording: I’m Happy Just To Dance With You, Long Tall Sally, I Call Your Name
- 1963: Live: Odeon Cinema, Southport
- 1962: Live: Storyville Jazz Club, Liverpool
- 1962: Live: Cavern Club, Liverpool (lunchtime)
- 1961: Live: Aintree Institute, Liverpool
Want more? Visit the Beatles history section.